What is Google Smart Shopping?
Smart Shopping is a subcategory of Shopping campaigns, where targeting, placements, and keywords are determined by Google’s algorithmic learning. Smart Shopping ads are a combination of Prospect and Dynamic Remarketing, on the Search, Display, and Shopping networks.
How are Smart Shopping ads different from Search and Display ads?
Search ads are static text ads, and Display ads are static image ads, that are not customized for the customer’s preferences. Whereas, Smart Shopping ads show people products directly, change depending on the preferences of the customer, and are a combination of both Prospecting and Dynamic Remarketing.
Benefits of running SmartShopping campaigns?
There are three main benefits of running SmartShopping campaigns:
1. It is the kind of Google campaign that drives the highest quality traffic- In Smart Shopping campaigns, the customers are taken directly to the product page, and Google selects products to be shown using customer demographics (thus minimizing the likelihood of lack of interest). Also, Smart Shopping is that it constantly optimizes for quality traffic. Due to constant refining of targeting, always wins out over Standard Shopping in terms of traffic quality.
2. There is significant potential for growth- Smart Shopping constantly targets, and triggers on, keywords and search terms that might be purchase-intent. This is important, because it has the potential to optimize for maximum reach in a way that manual optimization cannot.
3. The prospecting results are excellent- This is the case for three reasons:
a. Intent traffic is higher from Google than Facebook. Google users are goal-oriented, unlike Facebook users, who tend to be more casual.
b. There are higher conversion rates for Smart Shopping, compared to other campaign types.
c. Average Order Values are higher.
4. The remarketing results are excellent- This is the case because SmartShopping automatically, across the Search and Display networks, retargets site visitors who arrived through its prospecting functions. If you run ads on Facebook, those ads benefit from Smart Shopping as well; customers who look at a product but do not purchase, but move on to Facebook, will be shown ads with the products in which they expressed interest. This increases the likelihood of sales.
Where will my ads appear?
They will appear on the Google Search network (under and next to search results), the Display network, and the Shopping tab.
What kind of ad text should I write?
There are three components of ad text necessary for Smart Shopping campaigns. They are:
1. Short Headline (25 character limit, including spaces) - This is the first line of your ad, and appears in tight ad spaces where the long headline does not fit. Short headlines may appear with or without your description. It is recommended that you include your brand name and your product type in this space.
Example: “Suta - Ethnic Wear”
2. Long Headline (90 character limit, including spaces) - This is the first line of your ad, and appears instead of your short headline in larger ads. Long headlines may appear with or without your description. Note: When rendered in an ad, the long headline length will depend on the site it appears on, the ad format, and the position of the ad on the page. If shortened, the long headline will end with ellipses.
Example: "Suta - Ethnic Wear || Kurtas, Tunics and Dresses || Rs 349 onwards"
3. Description (90 character limit, including spaces) - This adds to the headline and invites people to take action.
Example: “Season Bestsellers at Minimum 30% off! Use code Breya10 to get an additional 10% off.”
How long do Smart Shopping campaigns take to perform well?
Once everything else (Conversion Tracking, Feed Approval, Payment Method, Campaign creation) is done, it takes about 15 days for the campaigns to start performing.
If Smart Shopping is automated, what will AdYogi do to optimize our campaigns?
AdYogi does the below 6 things:
1. Catalog synchronization and optimization - AdYogi maintains a complete product catalog, which is updated on a daily basis and synchronized in real-time with your campaigns, so your campaigns never run on obsolete data.
2. Budget and ROAS optimization - AdYogi keeps a close watch on your campaigns, and optimizes their budgets and target ROAS, depending on your spend and ROAS targets.
3. Product optimization - AdYogi observes the performance of individual products and product groups in your catalog, and will create separate campaigns so said products/product groups can sell more efficiently, thus improving your ROAS.
4. Maintenance of product catalog in compliance with Google Shopping policies - AdYogi monitors your Google Merchant Center, which is the platform through which products are sold using Google Shopping campaigns. We make sure that your products are processed and approved quickly, and that they continue to remain approved for as long as possible.
5. Marketing insights directly from Google - Our status as a Red Badge partner with Google means that we gain the latest marketing insights directly from Google, so we can optimize your ad campaigns better every day.
6. Customized reporting on the performance of your ad campaigns - AdYogi creates and sends regular, detailed reports on the performance of your campaigns and ad groups, so you know how your spends are being utilized to give you the best results possible.