In order to run the ads, we would be requiring a few accesses. Before onboarding, please make sure that the following requirements are fulfilled –
1. You must be the Business Manager Admin for the Business Manager that contains the Ad Account we’re going to run with.
2. You must have admin access to the Facebook page you want to advertise with.
3. The Business manager should have the owner access to the page.
4. The Facebook BM account should also have a payment method added.
5. You must have admin access to the Facebook Ad Account.
6. You must have admin access to the Facebook Pixel present on your website. This pixel should be linked to the ad account.
In case you don't have the assets, you can use the steps listed below to create them on your own. This article consists of:
1. Creating Business Manager
2. Setting up Business Manager
3. Add a Payment method to your BM.
4. Creating a Page.
5. Creating an Ad account.
6. Creating a Pixel.
1. Creating Business Manager:
- Go to business.facebook.com/overview.
- Click on Create account.
- Enter a name for your business, your full name and work email address and click Next.
- Verify your business email using the link sent on your email ID.
- Then click on 'Done'.
- You'll be redirected to the BM's home page. To continue creating other assets, go to the business settings:
2. Set up your business manager:
1. Add business information: Go to business info and set up your BM by entering all the business details.
2. Make sure the two-factor authentication is enabled for everyone.
3. Add a Payment Method:
Before running the ads, ensure that a payment method is added.
Steps - Go to payment methods > click on add payment method > fill in all the details and click on continue.
4. Creating a page:
To run ads via Adyogi the connected business manager must have owner access to the page. The same will be done by either creating the page under the newly created business manager or moving an existing page's owner access. For page creation, follow the steps below:
1. Go to accounts > page.
2. Click on create a new page (if starting afresh) > Select 'Brand or Product' in case of an ecommerce brand.
3. Give your page a name & select the relevant category.
4. Once the page is created, make sure to give yourself 'Full control - manage page' (admin) access.
5. If the page is created under some other BM, the ownership access can be changed using the steps below:
- Note that you should have page admin access.
- From the News Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page.
- Click 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Page transparency'.
- Under 'Assign Page owner', click on 'Assign'.
- Choose the Business Manager and click on 'Assign'.
5. Creating an Ad account:
1. Go to accounts > ad account > Click on 'add' > from the dropdown select 'Create new ad account'.
2. Name your ad account, add a time zone and a currency (look for INR):
3. In the next step, select 'My business'.
4. Give admin access (Manage Ad account - full control) to yourself: Click on 'Add People' > Select the name > Select manage ad account option > Click Assign.
6. Creating a Pixel:
1. Go to Data Sources > Pixels > Click on Add
2. Give your pixel a name and add a website URL & click on continue:
3. Click on 'continue managing my business'.
4. Click on add people > manage pixel > assign to give yourself the admin access to pixel.
5. Click on add assets > select ad account > add to connect pixel with the ad account.
6. Next step is to add the pixel on the website. For Shopify, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Shopify store
- Sales channel > Facebook
- Click on 'settings' then click on 'Data sharing setting'.
- In the customer data sharing section, click on 'Enable data sharing' toggle.
- Choose data sharing level > select 'Maximum'.
- Select your pixel from the list. Click on 'Confirm'.
- Paste the pixel ID under 'Facebook Pixel ID'
- Click 'Save'.
For other platforms, the configuration can be done via GTM, you could reach out to your developer for the same.
Refer to the below link for the requirements on Google On-boarding: