1. What is Google Ads? Why do I need it?
Google Ads is Google's online advertising platform used for generating and distributing ads, worldwide. Think of it as a storefront in an online space.
Google Smart Shopping App by Adyogi will sync with this platform to generate your product catalogue, ads and set targeting for you automatically. This is why it is important to have your own account. Without it, you will not be able to get your products in front of your customers, and you risk being outflanked by competition.
2. What is Google Smart Shopping? Where will my ads be shown?
Google Smart Shopping is a type of Shopping campaign which helps you promote your products by giving users detailed information about what you're selling before they click on your ad. Smart Shopping ads are a combination of Dynamic Prospecting and Dynamic Remarketing. Your ads will appear on the Google Search Network (under and next to search results), the Display network, and the Shopping tab.
3. What is Dynamic Prospecting, and what is Dynamic Remarketing?
Dynamic Prospecting is when Google's algorithm selects, and then targets, people most likely to purchase a specific product. This is different from general Prospecting, where the desired demographic is manually targeted.
Dynamic Remarketing is when people who have visited a particular product page, but have not purchased, are shown the exact same product as they go through Google, or surf different websites under Google Display Network. That’s how it is different from general remarketing, where people who have been on the site are shown non-customized ads.
4. How does Smart Shopping work?
Your existing product feed and assets are combined with Google’s machine learning to show a variety of ads across networks.
Our systems will pull from your product feed and test different combinations of the image and text you provide, then show the most relevant ads across Google networks, including the Google Search Network, the Google Display Network, YouTube, and Gmail.
5. What do Smart Shopping ads look like?
Here are some previews of ads on placements including:
1. Google Search Network
2. Google Display Network
3. Google Shopping Tab
6. How is the Google Shopping catalogue updated?
The catalogue is updated regularly by pulling product data directly from your Shopify Website. Any updates that happen on the Shopify website will be synced to the catalogue within 2-3 hours.
7. What kind of creatives are generally used in these ads?
Google Smart Shopping uses catalogue-linked ads. These are ads where product information (Price, image, name) is fetched directly from the Google catalogue at the time of showing an impression.
8. Do I need to provide anything for Smart Shopping ads?
To get the campaign up and running, you will need to give us one marketing Image, two headlines (one long, one short) and a description. Specifications are as follows:
9. What should the budget be for my campaign?
You can set any budget you like. However, the best budget depends on your Average product price, the ROAS that you expect, and your ideal number of sales per day. The formula goes something like this:
If IAOV = Ideal Average Order Value, IROAS = Ideal Return on Ad Spend (as a whole number, not a percentage), and IC = Ideal Sales per day,
Ideal Budget = (IAOV*IC)/IROAS
10. What is the current ad targeting setup?
Smart Shopping offers a simple, intelligent solution to managing the complex variables of targeting. It uses automated bidding and ad placement to promote your products and business across networks. Apart from this, a combination of the following ad sets is usually targeted.
People who have viewed but not purchased a product in the last 24 hours.
People who have viewed but not purchased a product in the last 30 days.
People who have added a product to the cart but not purchased in the last 30 days.
11. Why do I have to give you permission to manage, edit or administer any of my accounts?
- In order to create campaigns, ad groups, ads, extensions, keywords, conversion actions, audience sources etc. we need full administrative access to your Google Ads account.
- In order to run Google Shopping campaigns, resolve catalogue-related issues, optimize for reach and performance, and run promotions, we need full administrative access to your Google Merchant Center account.
- In order to create tags, triggers and variables, as well as to immediately resolve technical issues that may arise, we need full administrative access to your Google Tag Manager account.
- In order to monitor the performance of your campaigns across multiple dimensions simultaneously, as well as to compare to the performance of other platforms to reallocate spends, we need full administrative access to your Google Analytics account.
- If we do not have access to these accounts, we will not be able to serve your business goals to the best of our abilities.
- We understand that you have reservations about full access, given the sensitivity of the information in your accounts. We assure the absolute highest standard of quality and caution in the management of your online operations. You are in good hands.
12. What am I to do concerning the product catalogue? Do I upload it myself on the Merchant Center?
In the onboarding process, we have a feature in which you can automatically create a product feed. There is no need for any manual intervention on your end.
13. Can I exclude some products from the catalogue?
Yes; this is an exclusive feature provided by AdYogi. If you would like some products excluded, do email us at email@example.com.
NOTE: Products that go out-of-stock are automatically excluded.
14. Can I change the Google Ads account connected in the app?
Yes, but you will need to begin the entire setup process all over again. Refer here: https://support.adyogi.com/a/solutions/articles/48001066280
15. How long does the campaign take to start delivering ads?
Once the campaigns and ads are created, they should start delivering ads within 48-72 hours.
16. When will I start seeing results for my campaign?
From the moment that you go live (Day 0), impressions will take 2-3 days, results (i.e. more than one sale) will take 4-5 days, and relatively stable returns will take 10-14 days.
17. How can I view the status of my products?
You will now see a list of products with their status, as well as various metrics such as impressions, clicks, and sales
18. How can we edit the product title and description in Google Feed?
There is an exclusive feature available in the adyogi platform, where you can edit the particular product title and description by the following steps: