Conversions API enables advertisers to share their data directly from their servers, instead of relying on web browsers. It is also designed to ensure that their customers’ personal data continues to be protected via Facebook’s user privacy controls.
Admin access to the FB Pixel.
Access to the website backend.
Admin Access to FB Business Manager and FB ad account in question.
FB offers a number of partner integrations that make it easier to work with Conversions API. This will help you get up and running quickly so you can start sending web events directly from your server without having to edit your website's code.
Partner integration instructions for Conversions API:
- Go to the Data sources tab within Facebook Events Manager.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Conversions API section and select Choose a Partner.
- Select your partner and follow the setup instructions.
- *In case of Magento we need to install the Facebook Business Extension - the steps are given here.
- Events to be configured - We can start off by configuring just the Purchase event. The other events we can configure - View Content, Add To Cart, Initiate Checkout, Add Payment Info.
Linked here is the list of available partners.
If your partner isn't listed, you can set up the Conversions API using these instructions or contact your service provider.