What is domain verification?
Domain Verification provides a way for you to claim ownership of your domain in Business Manager. This ownership allows you to control the editing privileges of your content to prevent misuse of the domain. This includes both organic and paid content. Domain verification is a step towards ensuring that only verified owners can edit the way the content appears on Facebook.
Once you have verified your domain, you can assign specific Pages editing permissions for your ads. Pages associated with your Business Manager that do not have editing permissions won't be able to make changes to your ads.
To check whether your Domain is verified or not, go to business.facebook.com<>Business Settings<>Brand Safety<>Domains. The Domain should be verified.
Why is domain verification necessary?
Domain verification also allows you to manage editing permissions over content in order to help prevent misuse of your domain. Managing your ad link editing permissions also helps ensure that only trusted employees and partners represent your brand.
Apple has announced changes with iOS 14 that affect how we receive and process conversion events from business tools such as Facebook Pixel. To address these changes, we will request permissions through Apple's AppTrackingTransparency framework to measure conversion events occurring on iOS 14 devices. As more people, opt-out of tracking on iOS 14 devices, ad personalization, and performance reporting will be limited for both app and web conversion events. A key impact of this change is that you'll be limited to the use of eight conversions events per domain for optimization and reporting
Note: When you create an ad set, you can only choose one of the eight designated conversion events to optimize for.
Domain verification establishes which Business Manager account has the authority to configure and prioritize the eight available conversion events for a given domain
How can I verify my domain?
Refer here for a 15-20 minute step by step process - https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification/verifying-your-domain
In the case of a Shopify website once you have the meta tag as mentioned above go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code > Paste the meta tag on the Head Section
Requirements for domain verification
- You'll need admin access to your Business Manager
- You’ll need admin access to your website’s root folder to use this HTML file optionDomain verification requires the webmaster for your domain to place a special code on your website
Post domain verification:
Give access to the domain to Adyogi's BM: 854051238018483
Events Set up:
Once the domain is verified, events need to be set up:
- Go to Events Manager.
- Click the pixel you want to use.
- Click the Aggregated Event Measurement tab, which is below the overview graph.
- Click Configure web events.
- Read through the introduction screens and click Next.
- Find the domain you want to configure events for.
- Click Verify domain. If you've already verified your domain, you can skip to the next step. If you can't edit events because another business owns the domain, contact the domain owner for assistance.
- Click Edit events.
- Select your pixel
- Choose the event that you want to configure under the 'Event name'. Select the events in the following manner to set the priority:
- Purchase (turn on value optimisation, if available)
- Add to cart
- View content
- Initiate checkout
- Add payment info
- Click on 'Review events'.
- Click on 'I agree'.
Post this, you won't be able to change the events for the next 72 hours and also, you won't be able to make any changes in the ad account for a maximum of 72 hours.