General Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should we run google?
2. Why should we run a Brand search?
a. the competitor brands/ marketplaces can bid on our key keywords
b. Paid Search Ads Help Your Business Dominate the Google Space & increase CTR
3. Why aren't the campaigns spending?
4. Why have the campaigns overspent?
5. The youtube campaigns aren't giving a lot of conversions. Why are we spending so much there?
6. Why aren't our products showing up when people are searching for product/ product categories the brand is selling?
7. What are the differences between the three types of google target audiences?
8. Can I exclude some products from the catalogue?
Yes, this is an exclusive feature provided by AdYogi. Go to Catalog --> Products--->Select and exclude products
Frequently Asked Questions for Search:
1. Which keyword match type should be used in brand and non-brand search campaigns?
It is recommended to use keyword match type as phrase match or exact match, since broad match will target very widely. In some cases, we can use it as broad match if your keyword is very unique or doesn’t have more related keywords.
For eg: Some brand keywords like Libas can be added as Broad match
2. How frequently do we need to optimize the keywords?
We need to optimize the keywords on a daily basis by analyzing the search term report. This will help us to identify the potential keywords and negative keywords
3. How to improve the search impression share?
We can work on the Bidding strategy to improve the search impression share. If we have a very high Troas or low Tcpa, this will affect the search impression share. We can relax the cap to improve the search impression share
4. How many siteink extensions to be added in the search campaigns?
We can add 4 sitelink extensions as a best practice. We can also add more than 4 but Google can show upto 4 sitelink extensions based on the performing ones
5. How to improve ad quality score?
Quality Score is an estimate of how relevant your ads, keywords, and landing pages are to a person who sees your ad. To improve quality we can optimize the ads with keywords and improve the landing page experience.
6. How to select dynamic ad targets in DSA campaigns?
Category specific urls can be targeted in the DSA campaigns.
For eg: Url contains “jeans”
7. What are the optimization levers in DSA campaign?
From the search term report, we can do the keyword optimization
We can also optimize the landing pages, by adding negative ad target.
8. When to add bid cap like Tcpa or Troas in the search campaign?
If the cost/conv is high for your campaign, we should add a Troas or Tcpa
9. How many keywords to be added at an adgroup level?
We can target around 10-15 keywords per adroup, not more than that.
10. How many search campaigns needs to be created per account?
For every account, we should have a Brand search and DSA campaigns. Based on the requirements, we can also have category based Non brand search campaigns.
Frequently Asked Questions for Performance Max:
1. How can we optimize a Performance Max campaign with a sharp performance drop this month, compared to last month?
We can do the following:
Check the Listing Groups, product wise. Has a well-performing product gone out of stock? Have there been any major spend/CTR/conversions changes w.r.t. a particular product?
Refresh the audience signals; add more keywords to the custom intent audiences and refresh the first-person remarketing lists (offline purchasers, general customer data, all-time organic purchasers data)
Check the Placements Report. Are a large number of impressions going to a particular website/app, relative to the previous period
Check if a particular location has had disproportionate spends, or there has been a disproportionate drop in the conversion rate. Exclude locations/increase mid funnel marketing accordingly.
Check Insights tab to see changes in demand/rising queries/falling queries. Optimize these by adding them to your Custom Intent audiences.
2. After working on catalog titles, bidding strategy, and audience signals, what further can we do to optimize performance?
We can add sitelink extensions, edit feed attributes in the Google Merchant Center, add Merchant Promotions and Product Review feeds, both in the Google Merchant Center.
3. How can we analyze the reasons for abrupt overspend in Performance Max campaigns?
We can check which Listing Groups, if any, suddenly increased in spends, and take action. We can also check the Placement Report. Apart from this we can check the goals of the campaigns and we need to ensure that we use campaign-specific goal settings i.e Purchase
Frequently Asked Questions for Discovery:
1. Why should we disable the optimized targeting in the discovery campaign?
We need to disable optimized targeting in the discovery campaign as in Optimize targeting Google may find people beyond your selected audience which may consume a lot of budget, so we recommend to disable it and you can try to add more audiences.
2. What are the best practices we can follow while creating the discovery campaign?
Use these tips to help you drive more sales with up to 3 billion people as they scroll through content on YouTube, Discover, and Gmail.
Use images that feature your products at their best.
Create audiences based on what you know works.
Set up your campaign to make the most of automation
Note : If you’re running Discovery ads for the first time, give your campaign time and space to learn what works by choosing an average daily budget at least 5 times the value of your target cost-per-action bid.
3. Should we create a separate discovery campaign for smart ads or a mixture of both ?
Nothing as such. If you have category wise discovery campaigns, you can populate both smart ads and custom ads under the same campaign.
4. Which bid strategy suits the best while starting the discovery campaign ?
The recommended bid strategy to start the campaign is either max conversions or max conversion value. Based on the trend and campaign performance we can add Troas or Tcpa can be added
5. Best practices of using custom intent audiences ?
Add 30-35 keywords
Use category specific keywords
Use multiple custom intent lists