What is Feed Match Rate?
The match rate for your product feed shows you the health of your integration for dynamic remarketing.
FMR = (# of product views that match products in your feed) / (# of total product views)
Why is it important?
Dynamic remarketing ads are shown to people who have previously visited your site & display ads with specific product information that is tailored to your customer’s previous site activity. Dynamic remarketing works under the smart shopping campaign.
Match rate of 80% and above are acceptable which represents that Merchant centre product id exactly matches with the id in website tags.
How to check FMR in GAW?
Login to google ads > Click on Tools & settings > Click on Audience manager under shared library > go to Audience sources / Your data sources > Click on details for Google Ads tag Card > Under Data source hits change date range to 30 days > Change the metric from Hits to Match rates (retail) > Check the Feed Match rate for 30 days with graph representation of it.
Possible Reasons for Low FMR:
- Product IDs in the feed have changed.
- Tag isn't recording the product ID or mismatch with website product id.
- Any changes made in the Configuration that affects product id.
- Gtag has been pasted on the website backend that overrides product id from tags.
- GTM code is removed from the website.
- Feed Url isn't working.
How to improve the low FMR?
- Make sure gtags are removed from the site.
- Make sure all the products on the site are present in the catalogue, including variant pages.