CPM is the average cost for 1,000 impressions. CPM measures the total amount spent on an advertising campaign, divided by the number of impressions and multiplied by 1,000.
(Example: if you spent INR 5,000 and got INR 50,000 impressions, your CPM was INR 100.)
Typically, the CPM for prospect campaigns in India is between INR 100 to INR 300.
How can I improve my CPM?
- Audience - The ideal recommended audience should be 100k+. The audience should not be too narrow nor broad.
- Creative Quality - The feedback received by the ads also has an impact on CPM. Improving creative quality and updating ad texts regularly can help in decreasing CPM.
- Use Creative formats that can be placed on all placements more often.
- As far as possible, try to keep the placements as 'automatic'.
- Creative type - The creative format of your ad determines where it can be placed and how it will be received
Example Canvas ads can only be delivered on mobile.
- Market demand - The market demand for your target audience at the time your campaign is reserved.
- Market supply - How available and responsive your target audience is on Facebook and Instagram.