What is influencer marketing?
Influencer marketing involves a brand collaboration with an influencer to market its products or services in order to increase brand awareness, traffic, and drive the brand's message to the target audience.
Types of Influencers-
1. Celebrity Influencers - Celebrity influencers have large followings, typically in the millions, who are known across many industries. They are widely recognized and have the potential to be very successful in influencing your target audience. Therefore, celebrities with pictures promoting your products, explaining key features of your products or services, or providing reviews about your brand helps in higher conversions.
For Example- Brands like ShopMulMul and AMPM have a huge celebrity following and often Bollywood A-listers like Sara Ali Khan, Jahnvi Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, among others are seen wearing their outfits. Therefore, ads featuring creatives of these celebrities are running at regular intervals to help increase engagement and maximize revenue.
2. Social Media Influencers- A social media influencer is someone who writes/ creates content for their established blogs and has thousands/ millions, of subscribers and readers. Their reach and influence set them apart from other bloggers.
For example- ShopMulMul collaborated with a well-known lifestyle blogger to increase their reach.
Micro-influencers have 10,000 to 100,000 followers They have a smaller reach, but brands trust them because they are more specialized than mega and macro-influencers, and their followers are interested in what they have to say. Micro-influencers are easily accessible and are also relatively affordable, enabling businesses to partner with several of them at the same time.
Example Micro-Influencers used in Health and wellness ads to provide reviews and testimonials
Watch Ad preview here
What are the benefits of using Influencer content in ads?
1. Builds a broad audience - Influencers attract people from all backgrounds, which means that your target audience is going to be mixed and broad. Using influencer marketing to promote your products online could bring you higher ROAS.
2. Builds Credibility and Trust - If you have an influencer recommend your product or brand, people are likely to be way more receptive. This is why one of the biggest benefits of this marketing is its ability to build trust and credibility about a brand.
3. Highly focused and relevant audience- Through influencer marketing, you can focus on choosing the one whose niche aligns with your products, this way you convey your message to the relevant audience to target higher ROAS.
For example, if you sell sports shoes, your target audience would be people who are sports and fitness enthusiasts. So if you partner with a fitness blogger, your chances of reaching a focused and relevant audience increases
4. Helps drive quicker customer acquisition - Influencer marketing being the fastest growing customer acquisition channel, acquires higher-quality customers due to the high focus on relevant audience. Therefore, it is a successful tool for attracting consumers with high purchase intent, thus, an effective method for driving sales.
5. Increases Brand Awareness and Reach - Influencer marketing is a great way of reaching new audiences for your products or services. When such an influencer recommends your products or mentions your brand, it helps you gain more visibility and brand recall. This not only increases your reach but also boosts brand awareness.